Highly Specialist Speech & Language Therapist
I combine my work for Hegarty Therapy with my role as a Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist in the NHS. I have been practising Speech and Language Therapy since 2004, and I have worked both in the UK and overseas. I have worked with a wide range of children, families, education, and health providers, and I am committed to using a joined up approach to achieve the best possible outcomes for each child.
I am experienced with working with children of all ages with a range of communication difficulties, including developmental language disorder, speech sound difficulties, stammering, hearing impairment, selective mutism, and autism spectrum condition (ASC). I have particular interest in working with preschool aged children, and children with hearing impairment. I am also passionate about training, and I am experienced in running a range of training courses for parents and professionals.
I am registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC) and I am a Certified Member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT).
Additional Qualifications and accreditations
- BSc Speech and Language Therapy – University of Manchester, 2004
- Nuffield Dyspraxia Centre (NDP) – approach to verbal dyspraxia.
- Shape Coding-teaching grammar to school aged children, Susan Ebbels.
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-2 (ADOS-2).
- Makaton signing – foundation and enhancement workshops.
- British Sign Language – Level 1
- Working with Deaf children-Part 1 and 2, CSD Consultants.
- Working with Pre School Deaf children, JAS-Sasha Bemrose
- Picture Exchange Communication System
- Lidcombe Program of Early Stuttering Intervention
- Elklan Speech and Language Support for children aged 3-5
- Keena Cummins VERVE Child Interaction Therapy