Highly Specialist Speech & Language Therapist
I combine my work for Hegarty Therapy with a role as a Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist in the NHS. I have a range of experience working with children and teenagers as well their families, nurseries, schools, and other settings. I love working together with families to make therapy fun and engaging for the child and to support them to meet their goals and reduce the impact of their communication difficulties as much as possible. I enjoy working with parents and educational settings to help them to understand the child’s additional needs and to feel confident in supporting them to thrive.
Additional Qualifications and accreditations:
- BSc Speech and Language Therapist, University of Ulster, Jordanstown
- The Lidcombe therapy approach for stammering
- Michael Palin Parent Child Interaction (PCI) for stammering
- Nuffield Dyspraxia Centre (NDP) – approach to verbal dyspraxia
- Shape Coding
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- ELKLAN licenced tutor
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-2 (ADOS-2). This is a tool used to help identify children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Makaton Signing Foundation workshop
- Practice Educator Course (Canterbury Christ Church University)
I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and am a Certified Member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT).