Rebecca de Vyea
Highly Specialist Speech & Language Therapist
I combine my work for Hegarty Therapy with a role as a Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist in the NHS, with seventeen years of experience. In that time I have worked in a variety of settings with a wide range of children, families, and education and health partners. I am passionate about providing a child centred therapy approach and supporting others to ensure children have the best communication outcomes whatever the barrier to communication.
I have a particular interest in hearing impairment and have worked with clients ranging in age from 3 months to teenagers. I am currently studying for a further qualification in hearing impairment which has its roots in parent coaching and working with parents and families to best support their children. I also have expertise in working with children with language disorders and speech sound disorders. I find my job incredibly rewarding and embrace the variety and challenges that each day brings.
Additional Qualifications and accreditations
- MSc Speech and Language Therapy – Newcastle University.
- Michael Palin Parent Child Interaction (PCI) for stammering.
- Nuffield Dyspraxia Centre (NDP) – approach to verbal dyspraxia.
- Shape Coding-teaching grammar to school aged children, Susan Ebbels.
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-2 (ADOS-2). This is a tool used to help identify children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Therapy Outcome Measure (TOM) workshop by Pam Enderby.
- Makaton signing-foundation and enhancement workshops.
- British Sign Language-Levels 1 and 2.
- Working with Deaf children-Part 1 and 2, CSD Consultants.
- Working with Pre School Deaf children, JAS-Sasha Bemrose
- Currently working towards qualification as an Auditory Verbal Therapist, Auditory Verbal UK.
I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and am a Certified Member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT).