We offer a variety of services for education settings. Nurseries, primary schools and secondary schools can commission us for whole school intervention, either for full days, half days, or an agreed block of time or one off visits. This can be arranged to work alongside the local service provided by county. Please contact us to discuss your needs.
We believe in empowering adults around the child or young person to use strategies to support their speech, language and communication needs (SLCN). We are experienced in coaching school staff, working alongside them to run speech and language interventions and supporting them to use strategies in the classroom.
Speaking and listening is a key skill needed for children and young people to progress and achieve in other areas of the curriculum. A whole school package aims to create a communication friendly school and therefore increase the overall academic levels of all children. Interventions will be tailored to the specific requirements of the individual school.
Support in your school may include:
- Direct 1:1 assessment and therapy with specific children
- Group work to target different areas such as attention and listening, sound awareness, speech sounds, pre/post teaching of topic vocabulary, understanding and expressive language, narrative and social communication.
- Whole class screening and identification of children who need additional support
- Whole class team teaching with staff
- Mentoring and training staff to carry out groups and use strategies in the classroom
- Consultancy and guidance regarding Individual Education Plans and Education Health Care Plans for SENCOs and Class Teachers.
- ELKLAN and whole school training (see training)
- Parent support groups
Progress and positive change will be measured and clearly recorded through pre and post intervention outcome measures.
If your organisation is interested in commissioning our service please contact us directly so that we can discuss your specific requirements.
We offer bespoke training and practical workshops to meet the specific needs of the education setting and children or young people being supported. This can be in the form of INSETs, staff meetings, twilight sessions or parents evenings. The training offered includes:-
- Training in the accredited ELKLAN course which gives school staff the skills and confidence to deliver speech and language interventions and support children who have SLCN throughout the school day.
- LEGO® therapy to support language and social communication.
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCI) and Adult Child Interaction Therapy (ACI).
- Using visuals in the classroom to support Speech Language and Communication Needs.
- Supporting children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Ages and stages of typical speech and language development and how to identify children who need support.
- Using the Colourful Semantics approach in the classroom.
- Supporting Vocabulary and Narrative development in the classroom.
- Behaviour is Communication! How to manage challenging behaviour in the classroom.
Please contact us for further details on training and practical workshops.